Thursday, February 28, 2013

Wedding Card & Layout - Cheery Lyn Designs Challenge

This is a card and layout that I made for a couple at our church that are getting married this weekend. Their colors are pale blue & yellow. I will be framing the layout in a white frame. The center panel is for their photo. I had a lot of fun making both the card and layout.
The card idea is from my good friend Jeanie, The Spotted Chick (click on the link and check out her card, and while you are there check out all her fabulous creations). She made wedding invitations (and a whole bunc of other stuff) for her daughter's wedding last year using this Silhouette Cameo cut file for the card wrap and I just loved it. So with my NEW Cameo I cut the card wrap and made the card similar to Jeanie's. I used SU Whisper White and Bashful Blue CS and DSP. I typed the couple's names & date on my computer and cut it out with a Spellbinders oval & scalloped oval. The card sentiment is from SU Occasional Quotes set. The band for the card is glued only on the back of the card and has a Basic Gray small magnet for the closure. The card is 4-1/2" square.



 
 
For the layout I used Bashful Blue CS & DSP. Whisper White, Certainly Celery and the yellow is from The Paper Studio.  I die-cut the Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flouish in Celery Green.  The yellow flowers are made with Spellbinder's Rose Creations dies with a SU white brad in the center. I inked the edges with SU Daffodil Delight ink.  The small blue roses are made with MFT's Rolled Rose die.  The date is done on my computer and matted with a Fancy Tags Two die.  The & symbol is also done on the computer and cut with Heart & Scalloped Heart dies.  The names are cut on my Cricut.  The fancy corners are a Provo Craft die.   I embossed the center white panel with a Sizzix EF and punched Bashful Blue boders with a Martha Stewart punch.  I punched the corners of the photo mat with Family Treasures corner punch so the couple could insert a photo of their choice.
 
I am entering this layout in Cheery Lynn Designs die-cut flowers challenge.  You have to use at least one Cheery Lynn die.  I don't have any of their flower dies, but I do have the Fanciful Flourish and some border dies.  Check out their challenge, just click on the link.


Thanks for stopping by. Comments are greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful layout, and I love the card too! Thanks for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card stunning design.
    Thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.