Saturday, January 26, 2013

Two For One - Joy To The World

I combined two challenges for my card , Freshly Made Sketches and Merry Monday Challenge (use a bird on your Christmas card).  Click on the challenge names to go to their blog and check out the challenges. 

I was looking through my stamps trying to find a Chirstmas bird stamp when I found this cute little chick from Stampendous that I had for some time and had never used it. I inked her up in Mememto Black and stamped her on some Image Plus White CS and added a little color with Promarkers. I paper-pieced the letters and typed "to the world" on my computer and cut it out with a MFT Fishtail Flag Stax die-namic. I added a SU red brad to the banner, shaped it a little and adhered it with some dimensionals in a couple of places.  The ovals are cut with Spellbinders. The Real Red panel was embossed with a Sizzix EF.  The paper is from Pebbles Welcome Christmas pad and SU Basic Black CS for the mats. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Comments are greatly appreciated.

ETA:  Yay, my card was an Honorable Mention for the Merry   Monday challenge.

12 comments:

  1. Very cute card! I used to own that stamp not sure where it though. Your card makes me want to play with it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous way to highlight that stamp set and the sketch, love your mix of papers and colours!! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card and image JoAnn. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute! That is one joyful looking little bird, JoAnn! Thanks for sharing him with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is adorable JoAnn, this little bird is so cute. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutie patootie! What a fun Christmas card, someone will love it in their mail come December! Thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so Cute, JoAnn! Love the chickie for the o and love the houndstooth bg paper! Thought of you when I was driving through Arcadia on my way to my Dad's yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cheerful card, JoAnn! I love your little bird! Love your coloring and paper piecing too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. JoAnn this is such a sweet card! Love the colours and love that little bird! I really like the way you've curled the banner! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card this is ... love that JOY sentiment and the colour scheme is lovely!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awhh! What a cutie this image is...LOving your papers and paper piecing too.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute as can be - and so bright and cheerful! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.