Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Paper Players and Seize The Birthday

     I combined two challenges for my card, Seize The Birthday #2 (sketch & masculine) and The Paper Players Color Challenge #128.  I have a hard time with masculine cards and thought these colors would be perfect to make a masculine card.

I love using sketches and the one from Seize the Birthday is a nice one, love the layers.  The image is a Tim Holtz stamp, stamped with Basic Gray ink and is mounted with dimensionals on a Basic Gray mat cut with Spellbinders Wonky Rectangle die and mounted with more dimensionals to the card base. I sponged the image panel edges with Basic Gray ink and also the Happy Birthday edges.  The SU DSP are from Festival of Prints and Tea for Two.  The buttons are from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by.  Comments are greatly appreciate.

9 comments:

  1. cool card, Joann! thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoAnn, you are right - these colors are perfect for a masculine card. I love all the stripes and the fact that your sentiment follows the same lines as the stripe and that the three buttons echo the polka dots. So glad you shared this fabulous card with the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card, I like the central shape you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome image for a masculine card, and I love all the different layered patterns. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with The Paper Players this week, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the Perfect guy card, JoAnn! LOVE the car image and LOVE the colors and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've chosen such great DPs and colors for this card, and the vintage car works so well for a male design! The buttons are fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What? No flowers? Where's my friend JoAnn? Tee-hee! I LOVE these colors. Great GUY card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great card... love the car

    Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday this week
    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - love the button touch... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.